About Me

My photo
Lemme keep it simple.. I am what I am.. but for you to form your own version of what I am, you gotta figure out what I am.. and for that you prolly might need to waste some time trying to do that.. but is it all worth the effort... well I dont know.. I leave that to you ! Lot of people in this world are deprived of all that they are eligible, but are still happy with what has been left back... and then there are this other set of people who are blessed with all that one can possibly imagine, but then they arent happy, because they are so worried about figuring out, if they were deprived of something...I fall in the first category, take one day at a time, have plans for the next 4 hours in your life and if you made it safe to your bed that day, without any problems, without any major set backs and with a joy that to someone somewhere, you did do a little something, well, then to me, I lived one more day fruitfully...Ah, too much of philosophy aint it... but that's the way I like it... I would want to be a hero in life, but then again I guess "All heroes become a bore at last"... So I guess I will just be the ordinary person in life, who still can stand out extra ordinary ofcourse...

Monday, January 3, 2011

Songs of life

As an average Indian, I have always been fascinated by the importance and relevance of songs and the extent of impact they tend to have in our lives. My very own life is a standing testimony of such an impact. 
Let me take you on a journey wherein I narrate to you one such instance. Those were the most difficult days of my life. I still remember the hard times, when every minute seemed to last a life time, the hands of the clock would literally come to a grinding halt and I would almost go down on my knees pleading it to move ahead. I was admitted in a hospital for a serious health problem and I was bed ridden and had lost the ability to walk. I was lying on my stomach for quite a long time and as such, I had managed to induce severe cramps all along my intestine. End result, I wasn't able to eat any food at all and whatever little I did manage to eat, I would end up spending the rest of the day puking it out to all glory. It went to such an extent that, the nurses managed to get hold of a big steel bucket and have it ready at my bed at all times.. LOL.. talk about being pro-active. Well coming back to the story, the doctors advised me that if I didn't get out of my bed, I would go on experiencing this and had no other alternative. But as all patients, my morale was all time low, and my confidence had literally taken a hike. So I was not going to get out of my bed and thus my woes seemed to just get worser by the day. That was the period when our "Superstar's latest movie viz., Padayappa had hit the theaters". The hospital in which I was admitted also had a movie theatre complex adjoining it and I could literally hear the shrills of whistles that flew from the ever vibrant Rajni fans. As all young teenagers, my heart was wandering out of the window and I seriously wanted to get a sneak peek at the crowd atleast, if not getting a chance to watch the movie. My cousin brother who saw me go through terrible times, had a brilliant idea. He went and after a lot of trouble, managed to get a copy of the audio cassette of the movie Padayappa and gifted me and said, "Kanna listen to this", it might manage to take your mind off your pains. I felt it was so very touchy of him and very weird as well, because I have always seen him to be a casual no sentiments guy. I had a walk-man at my disposal, so I started listening to the songs. I felt it was just the usual typical Rajni songs, and didn't have much to it. That was when I heard the song Vetri Kodi kattu. I till date, don't know what got into me, but that song began pumping blood into my brains and out of no-where I felt I was being put on a high voltage battery charger. The song had a nice rhythmic beat and a fast number as well. By the time I heard the song the third or the fourth time, I was literally dancing in my bed. Bear in mind those were the days when I was an ardent fan of Rajni and even if he just pee'ed on the screen, that too was Rajni style to me.. LOL...(I know that really sounds childish now, even to me...)
The more I heard this song, the more grew my confidence and I announced profoundly to the nurse "Sister, call the ward boys, I wanna get out of the bed".. She was literally in shock, because it was the same me, who whined like a spoilt brat and refused to get out of bed... Within minutes there were two herculian ward boys who took me out of bed and gave me a walker to stand.. I also had a tape recorder in my room (yeah yeah, I know you might be wondering.. what next, you had a Micro wave and a pizza maker even in your room).. LOL.. well what can I say.. I was stuck in that hospital for months together and had managed to amass quite a lot of these things... I vehemently ordered the nurse.. "Play that song again"... So as she stood right next to the tape recorder, rewinding and playing back the same "Vettrikodi kattu" song over and over again, in a matter of minutes, I was literally running around my cot like a mad man with a walker... 
Some songs are like that.. some make us cry even when we are just hearing them on a casual note and some bring out the "freak" in us, and make us sway even without our knowledge..

I still remember the song Bhool ja by Shaan, that I keep repeatedly hearing everytime I have a heart break (Trust me, I have had more heart breaks than you could possibly imagine.. LOL)...

The song Engae Sellum Intha Pathai from the movie Sethu, still moistens my eyes, because it makes me feel as if I am standing in the middle of a winding road which just keeps going and going, not knowing where I am, and wondering where is life gonna take me...

Everytime I hear the song Koi kahey kehta rahey.. it reminds me of the don't care attitude that I should adopt to wage the everyday battle of life...

The song Chalthey Chalthey hallucinates me till date and makes me believe as if I am singing that song to the world, in a desperate attempt to tell people whom I know, not to forget me, after I am gone..

The one other song that promptly comes to my mind, everytime I turn back and look at my life filled with solitude is Lemon tree.. because I keep feeling its me who is singing that song to the world.

Songs come in all colors and in all flavors and at all times, always remind us/encourage us/lighten us/crack us up/let us brood in grief/teaches us to move on/advises us to deal with the tough battles of life.. the list just seems to be endless... and as I am typing this blog, I am still listening to this song  titled Enrique Iglesias "Tonight" (I'm F**kin' You)   for the sheer peppy beats this song has.. !

So as I wind up, here's my two cents for you.. let music rule your life and emotions, good or bad... music is sheer bliss.. !!

No comments:

Post a Comment