About Me

My photo
Lemme keep it simple.. I am what I am.. but for you to form your own version of what I am, you gotta figure out what I am.. and for that you prolly might need to waste some time trying to do that.. but is it all worth the effort... well I dont know.. I leave that to you ! Lot of people in this world are deprived of all that they are eligible, but are still happy with what has been left back... and then there are this other set of people who are blessed with all that one can possibly imagine, but then they arent happy, because they are so worried about figuring out, if they were deprived of something...I fall in the first category, take one day at a time, have plans for the next 4 hours in your life and if you made it safe to your bed that day, without any problems, without any major set backs and with a joy that to someone somewhere, you did do a little something, well, then to me, I lived one more day fruitfully...Ah, too much of philosophy aint it... but that's the way I like it... I would want to be a hero in life, but then again I guess "All heroes become a bore at last"... So I guess I will just be the ordinary person in life, who still can stand out extra ordinary ofcourse...

Friday, December 18, 2009

Mails mails and more mails...


Well, this was something that I have always found very intriguing to be very honest... Gone are the days, wherein mails only meant a letter delivered to you at your address by the very own local postman... today its called snail mail.. I found that term very funny.. We have grown so attached to emails these days that without emails, its like we cant survive... reminds me of the famous Tamil cinema actor.. MGR.. for all those who have had the chance to look at his movies or atleast a song or two wherein "Thalaivar" as he is so profoundly called in Tamilnadu, shows up, you would notice one thing in common.. he uses his hands a lot... people even on a casual remark say that if at all his hands were tied.. MGR wouldn't have been able to act.. lol.. (Nothing to offend MGR or his die hard fans.. trust me.. am one of them..). Infact even though I barely get emails from people on my gmail account.. I still have this compulsive urge to login to my account atleast half a dozen times a day and to just see the mail box say to me.. "No mails for today.." .. the only people who send me mails are my ever faithful spammers.. from selling all those never heard products to convincing me of getting into a deal with some big shot guy from some remote "Mannar and company" bank in South Africa.. I get anything and everything...

Mails come in all shapes and sizes... from interview emails, to personal gupshup emails, status mails, to clarification emails... scam mails.. name a type and there's a mail related to it...at times I have even seen e-mail wars being waged.. (I have indulged myself in this heinous crime myself..).. but there are some classification of emails, that I particularly found really amusing... e-mail conversations to be specific..
During my stay in the US.. I even got a chance to witness it.. On one particular instant I had brought out a problem which a couple of folks were to discuss and address.. (sigh ! I know.. it sounds so very sadistic for doing the dirty work of pointing out mistakes.. well.. cant help it.. I do it for a living.. what do you expect.. !!).. ok coming back to the instance... so this problem eventually boiled down to two people who were to be working on it.. and I was there in the US at that time..
That day I was seeing e-mails being exchanged by these two folks, and I was literally taken aback... I couldn't believe.. they were conversing in e-mails.. lol.. worst of it all.. their seating arrangements were such that, they had their backs facing to their backs.. (err.. I know that kinda sounded confusing.. come on offer some co-operation here... am trying my best here to explain..duh !) I very timidly went over to one of the folks..and asked.. hey.. can I ask you something.. and he replied.. "Hey krish.. whats up..sure thing.. go ahead.." I said.. "well..erm... why are you guys talking in e-mails.. ?".. His face reaction changed.. and I felt like shoving a sock up my mouth for having asked that question.. I panicked.. quickly re-phrased my question.. and said.. well you know.. generally curious.. don't people in here.. hold person to person meetings, talk to each other and get things resolved.. He burst out in laughter.. and said.. "lol.. you know what krish.. it doesn't work here that way... I understand your confusion.. and trust me..I ain't got no explanations to it either.. but all I can say is.. it just doesnt work that way..".. I gave a shy smile at him and returned back to my desk in a bit of a shemozzle myself...

Just as I am completing this blog entry.. my outlook goes "ting !!"..pops up a window and says.. "You have a new mail".. lol.. let me go back to see what the new mail has to say... So long my beloved followers !!

Keep the mails going... mails.. mails.. more mails... no more bombs away.. its.. emails away !!!


No comments:

Post a Comment